People are more likely to be shopping online during lockdown, which means you need to be investing in online advertising in a whole new way. Now is the time to try new things to get your products and services under the eyes of your potential buyers. Here are six simple online advertising tactics that you can follow to sell more in 2020:
Using digital marketing to sell more
- Keep your content fresh and make the most of it by updating old content and reusing it strategically by changing the type of media. Most written content can be repurposed as video, which is a great way to improve engagement and connect with new audiences.
- Get the timing right with your email marketing. Do not underestimate the effect timing can have as consumers are not always likely to open emails. If you send your emails out at the right time, it can translate into more sales.
- Get smarter with your pay per click bidding. The next step in PPC advertising is to use smart bidding to make sure that you get maximum value. Smart bidding uses AI technology to make sure that your budget is being used effectively. This is done using data from past search results.
- Go live on social media. People are now more than comfortable with video calls and are interested in consuming content in real-time. Take advantage of this by live streaming content on your social media to increase engagement. Any interview or video content can be streamed live instead of being shot beforehand.
- Let your audience contribute to your content. By allowing your customers to post their experiences with your brand, you can harness their feedback to improve your offering. Digital marketing and social media reporting platform DashThis scaled their content offering by allowing clients to contribute to their blog and some of these consistently bring in over 200 leads per month.
- Make the most of your video content. More than 50% of consumers want to see videos from brands so it is essential to have this as a central part of your digital marketing strategy.